Monday, June 28, 2010

Suicide Food

                    


One of my favorite websites is Suicide Food. Sure they are probably vegans on a mission. But at least they have a sense of humor about it. I'll admit to having been a little squeamish about prancing cows on the wall of the steakhouse.

What is suicide food?

"Suicide Food is any depiction of animals that act as though they wish to be consumed. Suicide Food actively participates in or celebrates its own demise."

 And since it was pointed out to me, I see suicidal food everywhere. I even sent them my favorite porcine butcher.



This pig and cow seem very relaxed as they show off their butcher's diagram of innards. Other than the heart though, some pig organs are mysterious. There are the blue hot dogs, and the lemon,  orange, lime and ...plum???


This steer at Jocko's looks satiated, picking his teeth as though...he ate a steak? Maybe that's what the naughty secret behind the smile is -- mad cow! Revenge is best served cold.


No comments: